Monday, October 22, 2012

Snow, don't you just love it . . .

A sprinkle of snow is upon the mountain side and it will be staying - it is not going to melt.  We will have this (many curse words) for roughly six months.  It will all accumulate and we will end up with about 3 1/2', god help me.  I so need to win lotto and depart from the mountain.  But, alas - in my dreams that does happen.  Today if you looked up at the sky and not the ground you would think it was July.  The sky is blue, a few clouds.

I am planning to do the path again this year.  The path I walk in the winter between our lot and our seasonal neighbor.  I counted my steps and it takes me 110 steps to get to my neighbors, return 220.  200 steps is roughly equal to 1 block.  2,000 steps is roughly equal to one mile.  I got a lot of steps to take :)  I would walk the main road, but there is no shoulder and folks go way to fast, I have had occasion where I have had to jump into the ditch for fear of getting pasted onto the pavement.

Bruce Springsteen - The Wrecking Ball Tour - was in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada - October 19th.  Nice to see Jake Clemons, the nephew of Clarence is now playing with Bruce.  That just warmed my heart.

"The older you get the more ghosts and spirits walk alongside.  When you're old those ghosts become your travelling companions.  They remind me when they walk side of me, of the preciousness of the day and how sweet life is".
                                            Bruce Springsteen

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...