Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Biggest Rock Heart Ever!

I hit the mother lode today!  Yeppers, I was walking up the drive and saw about one inch of this rock.  I was fairly sure it was quartz.  I went into the house to get my pocket knife to test the rock, it is quartz.  The heart weighs approximately five pounds, it is huge.  I unearthed it, washed it, and now it is in my little garden. 
 
My neighbor down the road from me, he is really into rocks.  He was over on Friday, we spent an hour lip flappin' about rocks.  I brought out all my rock hearts, he was amazed.  Many of the rocks I have cannot be polished because of the type of rock they are.  As I said to my neighbor - it does not matter each and everyone of these hearts, is a heart, I love them all.
 
If you stratch the rock with a knife and it does not leave a mark, the rock can be polished and according to my good neighbor, it will come out of the polisher a beautiful gem.  Quartz is a quality rock for polishing.  However, this big brut - well you would need a industrial strength rock polisher to polish it.
 
Note - I actually wanted to post this Sunday but we lost connection to our telephone lines.  Reconnected at 4:30 a.m. today, thank god.  My blood pressure goes into high mode when I cannot connect. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...