Sunday, June 3, 2012

PSA Test

I would not normally go to preach on something but today is Sunday and it is raining outside; that's enough for me to go to preachin'.

I want to address the topic of the PSA Test - Prostate Specific Antigen.  All men over 50 should have this test done; men with a history of cancer in their family - age 40.  My brother was diagnosed with prostate cancer, he was lucky - he under went surgery (by a robot) and all seems to be well.

Some are not as lucky, like my good neighbor, Gary.  Gary called to me on Wednesday to let me know he would be away - explained he had to go to the hospital down south, asked if I would keep an eye on his place.  On his return, he called to say he was home.  I asked the question - well, how did it go - he replied, PSA was near off the page, they say I have cancer, I have to go back for more testing - can you take care of my home?  I choked, replied - yes, Gary no problem....but what can I do for you now.  Gary wanted to talk, he told me his Dad died of cancer - started with prostate cancer and spread to the organs, eventually his death.  Yikers. 

It is a simple blood test - please, men folk - make a doctors' appointment - have the test done. 

My neighborhood is quiet this weekend.  It is quiet because the lunatic neighbor that is in between Gary's property and ours is spending time in the clink.  He was caught shoplifting.  He was given 180 days and spends his weekends, clink time.  I wish the judge would have given him full time as then he would have lost his governmental benefits.  He lives off the taxpayer.  He has a history of crime, I do not feel sorry for him, he is a drunk, a drug addict, a loser, a user, and a thief.

When my stepsons were visiting I asked them...do you know that 'lol' that folks use on email.  They replied yes, laughing out loud.  I replied, oh no - here it is the land of lunatics and I am surrounded by them.  We laughed.  Noisemaker advised in speech, yep - you sure are.  

I rest my case - oh but wait - telephone your doctors tomorrow, men folk - you need the PSA test.  Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...