Sunday, June 3, 2012

Saddle In The Rain - John Prine

Saddle In The Rain - John Prine

I have had this song stuck in my brain since May 5th.  A few days ago, a light bulb went off and I was recalling the original last verse.  I was reading somewhere, this verse was cut during the recording of Saddle In The Rain.

Southern stars blow lonesome still dark and high
Blacks clouds shifting orange as they go passing by
Like some cheap religious painting hanging in the sky
You just touch my face and I wanna break down and cry
Break down and cry
If she should ever come down this way
Grab her by the throat and say
Won't you please explain
My saddle in the rain
Farmers' nympho daughter moans
Lets do it til the cows come home

Thank you Reeda Buresh - www.jpshrine.org

Words/Music - John Prine

Saddle In The Rain - on cds -
Common Sense
Great Days - The John Prine Anthology 
In Person and On Stage
Prime Prine - The Best Of John Prine

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...