Wednesday, May 2, 2012

John Prine - oh my . . .

My brain is in overload this morning.  I have songs up there all muddling together.  It amazes how I can start singing one song then fly right on into another.  It makes life difficult to see. . .

Good smucksville, I only two more wake ups until I get off of this mountain.  Three more wake ups to see John Prine.  My mind is not conceiving this idea; it is not computing.  We must have a little talk today; see maybe if I can focus - stay focused.

My Noisemaker forgot I was going to see John Prine.  I was telling him about what was in the freezer that he could eat while I was away.  He replied, where are you going?  I said, John Prine/Janis/Brett...he quickly remembered it was this coming weekend.  I rather feel sorry for Noisemaker when his mind slips; but geez today my mind is doing a concert.  ah, we all have our moments.

I have dancing in that mind of mine.  It is pouring rain this morning, I put on my gum boots to go outside and fine myself dough-see-doughing and singing up the drive.  My good lord, it was quarter to five in the morning.  Smucksville, I thought of the bears and quickly got back down closer to the door of our abode.

In the night hours, I can receive fairly good radio stations.  I rarely hear any John Prine, but I keep hoping I will.  I hear some country songs; well - geez, I just lay there and snicker doodle to myself.  There are really good dancing country songs, I like to dance.  Maybe I was dreaming of music and dancing last night - yes, that must be why my brain is where it is this morning.

I do so giggle or perhaps (my new word) snicker doodle at my post of Vancouver - Here I Come (taken from the words of Milwaukee - Here I Come/John Prine).  I laugh because I actually do sing those words and then I start singing John's words and as with John - it is not going to be a number one single in Billboard.

For all my Prine friends/acquaintances - I am so thankful for you folks.  I am really thankful my brain got struck with the idea of this blog thingy.  I am so glad to be able to share with you my Prine, my music, and my mountain side life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...