Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Entertaining

My two bite chocolate cupcakes.

I baked these on Sunday for our community clean up day on the mountain side.  They serve hot dogs/pop after the clean up and this was the dessert/treat.  I love those sprinkles.  My community baking has ended until June 12th.  

I have been busy the last couple of days.  We had to go into town to get groceries.  I stopped by the drug store to see what they had in the way of hair clips/barretts.  I was standing there looking at the display; along come two young ladies.  I started to chat with them about hair/clips/barretts, etc.  One the youngins says she did not think that women over 50 should have long hair.  I asked her, why do say that.  She replied, because they are old and old people do not look good in long hair.  I pondered and said hmmmm - what do you think of my hair?  They said, it was nice (being polite), asked if I dyed it.  I replied, I do not dye my hair and I haven't for near 20 years.  The one lass looks at me puzzled and says - how old are you?  I laughed and replied, I am 56 year old.  Then, we all laughed.  One says, I would like to look like you when I am that old.  I replied, trust me - you will - everyone is beautiful in their own way.  

Noisemaker and I then went to the Bargain Store - we went to the candy aisle.  Treat time - yippee, I got chicklets, I love chicklets - the assorted kind.  Noisemaker got some sort of rolled caramel thingy.  Honestly, you would think that we have never seen candy before.  It is a treat for us, to go into town - heck yesterday we even stopped in at the A&W.  I love fries with lots of vinegar and salt. 

Today on the mountain side the weather is pleasant.  I spent the morning moving rocks.  You can sure tell spring/summer has arrived.  Seems like every summer I move rocks, I paint, and do wood.  I was really into tunes this morning, I was singing everything.  I got stuck on the Johnnys'.  John Lennon, Johnny Horton, and John Prine.  My word, those songs get going in my brain and they all blend together.  I was singing Late John Garfield Blues and you know where John Prine sings the ooooohhhhhsss, I blend that right in with a T-Rex song - Mambo Sun. 

I entertain myself very well on the mountain side.  lol  

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...