Monday, March 19, 2012

John Prine - I think I got it!

I am sitting here listening to John Prine - the Singing MAILMAN Delivers...I believe I have the song I wish John Prine to play in Vancouver.  Hey Good Lookin'/Jambalaya. 

I grew up with Hank Williams.  Our family had the RCA (record player) sittin' up there on the deep freezer.  We did not have a television set, we listened to records.  I can remember my Dad's voice - singing Hank Williams.

Sometimes, us kids would just wail on out - my Dad would say - you sing on earth - you'll sing in heaven.  I sent my Dad 92 balloons, March 14th.  - ok, Dad - let's dance.  I love you and I will forever miss you.

Oh, Mom and Dad, it is May 5th - Vancouver - John Prine.  I will be attending with Janis and Brett Ferguson.  Smucksville - can you believe it!

1 comment:

  1. I am so stuck on this song, I have been singing it for two days. Although, I do not know all the correct words, that is okay, I add my own :)

    ReplyDelete

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...