Monday, March 19, 2012

Paradise - John Prine, the first song. . .

Early this morning when I went porch side to have my coffee and cigarette in what I thought would be a peaceful moment - not!  Good heavenly days, there is all these screaming sounds I am hearing coming from the direction of the pond.  It is dark out, light snow falling, it is 4:40 a.m.  I remove my scarf to receive sound on my good ear; yikers...I do not recognize the sound.  The sounds, two of them - same animal - different sounds, like they are singing to each other.  It is getting louder, I move closer to the door of the house in case I have to run inside and awake up the Noisemaker.  Then, a great light bulb went off in my brain, it is the otters - Olivia and Oscar, the darlings.  They were making music.  They were communicating.

Now, I must teach them Prine!  First song will be Paradise. 

Oh yes, and 46 more wake ups until I hear Paradise - Oh John - tickled blue/pink/purple/orange - heck pick any color you want! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...