Thursday, January 5, 2012

Yesterday

I had a delightful, chatty day yesterday.  Finally, I was able to have a telephone conversation with a friend to which I have never met.  Noisemaker has put us on a telephone plan - $6.00 a month and you can yap for 300 minutes.  Holy smucksville!  I had decided about two weeks ago I shall make a telephone call to Tennessee to my Prine friend, Donna.  Yesterday, we connected.  I heard this southern belle say Hello - it rather took me by surprise when I finally was able to have her answer.  She has been having difficulty with connections.  We had a very nice conversation and one day I hope we will be able to meet.  Much like all my Prine friends.  I have only got to meet one of them - Charlene (Prine - Vancouver, October 2009).

After the telephone conversation, I had to visit the porch.  I decided I should put my boots on and walk the path.  The path - well, I built it for my seasonal neighbor so he would not have to shovel when he comes to visit in the winter months.  It is about 170 feet long, if I walk that 5/6 times a day, I feel like I have done some exercise and then I do not have to walk on the roadway.  Those heathen drivers can easily make me run to the ditch.

The weather outside yesterday was spring like.  Snow was melting, sun was shining.  The path was somewhat icy.  I decided I should walk in the snow - holy snowsville!  I sunk.  Good lord, I thought I was entering a black hole.  I tried to leach on to the wood shed, like it was going to catch me or something.  I hit my left hand (the one I broke) as I was trying to save myself.  Blood came spewing, I was cursing and trying to save myself from the black hole of the mountain side.  As you can tell, I survive.

Today it is terrifying icy outside.  Even Noisemaker slipped.  He did not fall, nor hit his head.  Rather a shame, had he taken a head hit it may have knocked some sense up in the vacant space.  Know full well folks, I am joking.  I could not live on this mountain side if Noisemaker was not with me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...