Monday, July 18, 2011

Our Home

Here is our little mountain side home.  This is looking up from creekside.  Sometimes it is Paradise ~ sometimes it is hell on earth. . .
Noisemaker is not up to speed today; he had a tooth removed this morning - he is not yapping too much nor imitating a lady bug :)
Lots of wildlife have visited us the last couple of days.  A black bear - scared the heck out of me.  It was so close, just off the porch steps.  The bear did not bother us, it went its' merry way down towards the creek.
The mother deer are trying hard to keep the fawns in line.  The fawns are so full of beans - they bounce around, run, and are very inquisitive.  It is hard for me to watch when the mother deer is trying to teach the baby how to jump a fence.  The fawn is still to young to jump.  The other day, the little fawn was next to our steps, no Mom.  I do not want to become involved with nature; but finally I went out and spoke to the fawn.  Much to my relief, the mother came.  I think sometimes they know my voice.  God knows, I am always outside singing some song, usually a Prine tune.  Too funny, the other day, I made new words to the song The Sound of Music.  Hope you are sitting down -
...the hills are alive with the sound of John Prine
with songs he has sung for 40 years
the hills fill my heart with the sound of John Prine
my lips wants to taste several beers...
:)  :)  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...