Saturday, July 23, 2011

Mel and Collie

I am deep in thought today, some sad - but trying to get on the sunny side.  I did sing today, I sing everyday.  I baked an angel food cake for Gary's birthday tomorrow.  He will be 65, pension time!  We will have the angel cake with industrial strength whipped cream and strawberries.  I cooked a roast beef supper yesterday, with all the trimmings; hopefully tomorrow we will go to the beer parlor just up the highway from us for Pizza.  I would enjoy that. 

Yes, Noisemaker was born the same year as John Prine and George Bush.  Good Grief!  1946.  I am glad I still have Noisemaker around to make noise. I could/would not live here without him.

Too funny, today I tried to get to the cellar.  My knee is badly bruised from the spill I took with the bear incident.  I fought hard with that stupid latch, finally I said - Gary, I cannot do this, my knee is bruised from the bear, you must come directly and help me.  He did.  He actually loves that he can do the incidental things for me, it makes him feel special/wanted.

Tomorrow is also the day we placed my Mom in the ground.  12 years ago, to me it was yesterday.  Same thing for our dog, when we laid him to rest.  I remember so clearly, and I want to.  I want to remember all the special days we had together, I do not want to forget.

...when jesus comes to claim us and says it is enough, the diamonds will be shining, no longer in the rough...  John Prine

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...