Friday, June 17, 2011

Busy, Busy

It has been a rather busy week for me.  We received our new refrigerator the other day, it is so nice!  I near have to stand on a step stool to get to the top shelf.  I have been arranging and re-arranging to my liking and have been humming Wedding Day in Funeralville - the line - the king and queen will alternate with the refrigerator light ~ John Prine. 

On Wednesday, the final game of the Stanley Cup was played in Vancouver, B.C. between the Vancouver Canucks and the Boston Bruins.  The Bruins outplayed Vancouver and Lou, geez - he was having a most difficult time in this series.  

To what happened after the game is a disgrace.  How people can riot in the streets for no apparent reason is beyond my realm.  I was so digusted with it all.  I am thankful for the internet and facebook, for those folks that published the photos; that was great.  I hope the people that did the damage face many a charge.  

Now for the news of Prine... eh, they should all in or nearing Davenport today for the Prine concert tomorrow.  Oh my, it will be one fine concert to attend.  I shall wear my Prine t-shirt proudly and think of the fine Priners and Prinettes tomorrow.  I hope they all remember to do the paradise wave when John plays Paradise.  Always has been my favorite Prine song.  I do not believe there is a Prine song I do not like, I just have favorites.  SLUAPO! {so let us all prine on}  

I planted a small garden about a week ago; to no avail.  We have had so much rain I think all the seeds I planted are somewhere in the Fraser River.  I shall plant again and maybe with some luck I can get a carrot or an onion, perhaps even a cucumber! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...