Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Jack Layton

Jack Layton - Leader of the New Democratic Party (NDP) - newly elected party of the opposition.

History was in the making as I viewed the computer screen last night. First time in the history of Canada, the NDP is the opposition. I was watching the television briefly, but realized within two minutes there would be no results from the west. The election was voted on in provinces far, far from me - the east.

Does not much matter, I am happy for Jack Layton. The NDP took the broom to the ice and swept across the Province of Quebec. The Bloc leader, that French man with flair has step aside now as has the Liberal leader - The Ig. The Ig, in my opinion, he should have never vacated his home in the USA.

The NDP, as an opposition party does have much work ahead of them. I truly do not understand how some of these NDP folks got elected. History was made again, having the youngest candidate actually elected - he is 19 years old and naturally, voted for himself (resides in Quebec).

Strange as that is; the NDP also has four students, elected from McGill University - ready and waiting to form up the NDP caucus. I believe new elected members make near $156,000 per year! Smucksville!

Even more strange with the NDP win is they had this bar hop young lady running who was vacationing in Las Vegas and could not attend any town hall meetings, no press meetings - but yet she was elected with a margin mega greater than my bra size. :)

What hit Canada last night was the Orange Crush, the political wave of the New Democratic Party. Orange, the color for the NDP.

Tommy Douglas was instrumental in forming the CCF/NDP. Too funny, my Dad and Mom always told me - Bev - you were conceive NDP!

For Jack Layton and his young caucas - you all shine. Well Done.

I am very proud to have always voted and worked with you, never against you.

Shine On, Jack ~ Shine On.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...