Friday, April 22, 2011

Egads!

Since the seasonal folks are flocking in for the Easter weekend, I decided to bake a devils' food cake to share with them. Generally, when I bake ~ everything turns out fairly well. Not this time. Pieces of cake actually fell out of the upside down cake pan while I was cooling them! Good Grief!

I tried my best at piecing it all back together, to no avail. In the midst of this, my seasonal neighbor comes over. He sees this cake falling apart before his very eyes and asked, what is it that you are making. I replied, I do not know. I have never made a cake like this before. My neighbor, knows each time they come here; I will have baking for them.

I give up on my cake and decide to do some lip flappin' instead. After he left, I said to Noisemaker, what I am going to do with this cake; I hate to toss food out. I remembered I had purchased some waffer bowls. Got it now - I took the waffer bowls, filled them up with the broken cake pieces, on top of that - strawberry ice cream - and then, chocolate sprinkles! Delightful!

I took them over for my neighbor, his eyes just beam - he says - god they look so good! Made my heart warm. Now I shall make some up for my other seasonal neighbors and for my neighbor (permanent) who lives down the road.

Happy Easter weekend everyone. . .

...here comes Peter Cottontail coming down the bunny trail
but that crazy bunnykin is singin' Prine...

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...