Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Toe Tappin' ~ Lip Flappin'

Yes, yes, I have been busy with my lip flappin' and toe tappin'. Lots of seasonal folks have arrived on the mountain side and naturally, I have to speak with each and every one of them. One particular lady offered up some beers, ah and hmm...I would never pass up a beer. Oh my goodness it was such fun!

I introduced her to John Prine; but she did not have much appreciation for such music. I put on some Johnny Cash; well that was too country for her. I then posed the question, which John would you like, John Mellencamp, John Lennon, John Forgerty. She replies, maybe we should go outside and that we did.

We were sittin' out there on the porch and suddenly we hear a snap, crackle, and see smoke! Lord help me, some loonie is out there cutting trees down and he has landed two trees on the power line. Sparks are flying. I am flying too, right to the telephone to dial 911. I do not mess with fire.

The mountain side fire department is quick to arrive. Everything ended up on the side of ok, thank god. As I sit here and type this out, I await for the power company to arrive - they have to reposition the wires.

Last but for sure not least, Donald came to visit Lydia on Monday night. My word, I went porch side Tuesday morning and what a sight to behold was Lydia. I think her and Donald were doing some mighty fine lip smackin' as her head was tilted, her scarf was hanging loose, and for god sakes her suspenders had broken. I had words with Lydia and told her after Donald comes to visit, Lydia - Lydia ya gotta fix yourself up, you have to be dolled and decked for Donald's next visit. She understood completely!

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...