Thursday, July 8, 2010

Oh, Eh, Wow ~ A Bear

As previously mentioned, I like to spend my mornings in peace. On the deck, I have my coffee and one cigarette. Wow - did that change this morning. In the blink of an eye, I am facing a big, huge black bear - near 20 feet away from me. He was on the dead out run and his strides, well they had to have been near 7 feet. I was thankful I was not out weeding or painting or the big black bear would had me for breakfast.

I contacted two of my lady friends up the road, as they do walk early in the morning. Geez, my neighborhood is falling apart. Olga relays to me, her dog (11 years) suffered a heart attack. Gerty informs me she has broken her wrist (not shattered). Olga is 78, Gerty is 77.

And, then I have that mighty fine neighbor, Chris. I have no words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...