Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Lydia

Oh my word, Lydia suffered a very hard day yesterday - she hit snow, sleet, rain, and dirt. The wind was strong here, Lydia was leaning - yep, there on her left leg - she was angle-ing. I decided I best pick her up and lean her up in a safe place. I picked a spot between the woodshed and the garden shed. My word, the space is one foot between the sheds, I thought she would be safe from the elements.

I do not know when she fell flat on her face and once again, her head rolled down the hill. What I do know, is when I went to visit the porch I looked over and there she was with no head, dirty, and very sad.

ah then in a blink of an eye - who shows up - yep, my fine neighbor - Chris. He is in Wackoville - he visits that place everyday. I am giggling at the site of Lydia, Chris wants to know what is so funny. I replied (and pointed) look at Lydia. We both laughed big time. Chris says, everytime I come over and you are dealing with Lydia and again, she has no 'fn' head. We laughed somemore.

I packed up Lydia and her body parts, placed her woodshed. I went to see her this morning, oh my - she was cold, frozen, with no head.

I repaired her. She has a formed head now, secured with twist ties, a new hat, new lips - a necklace, man she's sparklin'. I shimmed her up and we'll see if she can withstand the winds of the north today.

Geez, I am hopin'. She's becoming a real part of the family - heck even noisemaker commented on her.

If Donald came to visit last night - Lydia was out - out like a light, she saw stars in her fall.

She is in prine form for tonight, Donald - come forth - she's waitin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...