Monday, April 19, 2010

Hold Your Spark, It's Religion

I have viewed some posts over the past couple of days about folks and their valuable religion points of view. I am glad they have their treasures.

I do not spark religion, the only religion I have is mine. It is my faith and my point of view. It does not constitute kneeling or praying. My knees would never hold up, I cannot bring my left hand to clasp with the right.

Court religion, a lot of folks do. I am not one of them. My Dad had it drilled into his skull, whereby his Mother and Father, prayed to the holy on Sunday morning and drank whiskey Sunday evening. But eh, could not feed all their children on any given day. My Dad broke into homes of folks, just to get food. He stole cheese, eggs, anything from a freeze box. He would take it home to his younger siblings and no doubt, probably just sat down and wondered - why.

My Mother, she believed - she always said she wanted The Old Rugged Cross played at her funeral service (my brothers could not quite get that together) - {no problem, I played it for her last time I visited her, I sang it to her from John Prine/Mac Wiseman -Standard Songs For Average People}

About the nearness I can get to religion is some song by John Prine - The Missing Years.
....and jesus said god...

God, I want to win lotto. God, I want a big huge bust like Dolly Parton. God, can you help me?

Oh yes, god if you are listening to me - send me John Prine and his family - Fiona and the kids. A lovely little hideaway nestled up in the mountains of rural British Columbia. God, tell him to bring his guitar, bring two. Do not venture up before the month of August - my left is broken, I am one armed.

Oh no, I do not have a gun, but I have a high pressured washer, holy smuckville. Noisemaker fixed it up today. PSI, no words.

Trying to focus, god does not focus well on me. He makes me step on to the porch. He makes me smoke a cigarette and jabber to the Noisemaker. And, god - this is life on the mountain side.

Focus - oh yes, the new John Prine. I tried to dial up to MFD/OhBoy, it was not my time. Tomorrow, I will kneel down and pray I get through.

Our Johnny who arts in Nashville
Thy day for your cd (and I love Johnny t-shirt) nears
Thy will be Prineville on the mountain side
As it is in Nashville, forever and ever - Prine Amen.

2 comments:

  1. As a human ages, there moonbeams that dance over the white cloud - well you know the rest.

    Thank you for posting SSNLTL

    ReplyDelete

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...