Monday, April 19, 2010

Lydia

I have been reconstructing Lydia, my scarecrowette this morning/afternoon. Oh, she does look delightful. A new blue ensemble with celtic trim suspenders and matching belt. Her red lips are of the red light district but do highlight the red in floral scarf which graces her slim neck. The wind was blowing hard after I got her all erected and poor Lydia hit the dirt. I leaned her up on a tree and gathered her attire but then she fell again. Her head broke, it went rolling down the hill, I could not hang on to all her body parts. While her head was rolling down the hill, I had her in my right arm doing the best I could do. Who shows up, my fine neighbor - Chris. He starts laughing and says to me....Oh Lydia - Bev - she is broken and where the *+c& is her head...here let me help you. Chris takes Lydia and props her up on the picnic table. She needed to rest after that ordeal.

Noisemaker came out and assessed the hole I had dug for Lydia. It needed to be bigger, prined up. So I dug the hole, slapped some bricks around the right pole of her body and in the ground she went. She is still standing. Tomorrow or later on this afternoon could be a different story. If I find her on her back again well, I will know Donald has paid a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...