Friday, January 15, 2010

Birds Of A Feather

The day before yesterday I was outside, sitting having a cigarette and my lil bird friend came a fluttering on in, the chickadee. It fluttered and tweeted and then it came and sat on my shoulder; just for a few seconds. It was a moment.

The next day when I was returning from my walk, there was a flock of chickadees up at the roadway. I stopped and tweeted with them, proceeded down the path towards our humble home.

One of the chickadees decided it should come with me. So it jumped on my head (yep, I was wearing my hood) and travelled with me. I could feel it walking on my head. I guess I went about seven steps or so and it flew down to the feeder. When I arrived at the feeder I sat and tweeted again with my new friend.

...those birds of a feather, they're gatherin' together and feeling exactly like you... - John Prine.

1 comment:

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...