Sunday, January 17, 2010

Big Ouch

Smucksville - I went out walking Friday morning and danced with the ice; I fell hard and broke/shattered my left wrist (yep, you betcha - I am left handed). Off to emergency and then a three hour drive to the city hospital. Had surgery on Saturday morning and arrived home Saturday night.

Geez, just prior to surgery I had to put one of those lovely blue hospital gowns. The nurse and I were struggling to remove my shirt because the cast was put on at the first emergency stop....she says to me 'maybe we will have to cut it off', I replied, are you crazy, this is my Prine shirt, I can't cut it off. Noisemaker laughed. We finally made it. Wrist shattered but prine shirt intact.

I can't type so well with one hand. I'll be carrying my new wrist cast friend around for two to four weeks. The steel plate and pins will be in my wrist my lifetime. Yikers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...