Wednesday, December 23, 2009

We're A-Leapin'

For two mornings in a row when I have gone outside for my morning cigarette and coffee, a new friend comes to visit. A coyote. Lord, have mercy on my soul, scares the heck out of me. First morning he (well, it could be a she for all I know) leaped up onto the deck. I leaped into the house.

This morning I go out and about three minutes into my morning ritual, appears the coyote. I whispered to him that it is ok, do not worry. He leaped off the deck and I leaped back into the house.

I am not secure with coyotes...yet. I do better with foxes, only because the ones that come to visit here know me. They know my voice so all is well. I search for the coyote (I must think of a name) during daylight hours, to no avail. I must research coyotes - see what omen they are trying to send me. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...