Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What A Great Day!

Geez, it must be someone's birthday out there and I am receiving special soaring waves and flutters. What a good day it has been. Noisemakers' appointment went very well, doctor claims he is a picture of health!

While we were sitting in the waiting room for the doctor I spotted this elderly lady accompanied by a steel walker. Good lord, snow everywhere and this poor woman is only trying to get into the doctors' office. I bolted out the door and assisted her. It was slow going, but we chatted and laughed. I got into the office, sat her down and said for her to wait, I will get a nurse to sign you in. I proceeded, all went smoothly. At this point, Noisemaker - is sitting in the background wondering - what will she bounce to next. I went to check on him, sat for a moment and looked over at the elderly lady - she waved to me - come forth. I did - she says to me - you are an angel. I told her - my Mom always said I was one but with black wings. The lady gave a big laugh and said when she was my age, she was one too!

To the hardware store we travel - I met Shelia - my post carrier. She Prines. She recently had two knees replaced but took a moment to inquire how was 'your' John Prine concert. Little did she know she was stuck there for 15 minutes! Ode to Prine.

Off we are to the grocery store, good lord I got so many coupons - I was in coupon heaven! Good bargains, ice cream - pork loin - it is smucksville material.

Now we have to travel up to the post office about 12 miles away. I received a very special parcel from a very good friend of mine.

Ah, the day was so very special Noisemaker and I decided to stop and have a bite to eat. We walked into the diner and there is a friend of ours we have not seen in a year or so. We had such a nice yap session.

Home Noisemaker, Home. I built a strong fire, unloaded the groceries - got the mail (more coupons), and then I took a moment. Sat and was thankful. I am so thankful.

Hope having a birthday today is special like my day was for me - Cheers!Y

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...