Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Unbelievable!

I still suffer some difficulty to believe that I am actually going off the mountain side to camp out with Charlene and see John Prine! I never believed when I came here I would see John Prine again.

The 'camp out' with Charlene - well folks, it is not a camp out. Camp out is what I do here at home. Actually, noisemaker is out there burning in the aurora of his sweet treats from the big box store shopping yesterday.

Charlene has picked a Prine ritzy hotel, just around the corner from the Centre For The Performing Arts where John Prine will performed on Friday, October 16th.

The presale thing, oh lord, how exciting is that going to be. All the priners/prinettes flocking in - greeting each other. I have never participated in such a Prine event, I sure am looking forward to it.

October 16th, 2009 well, that is to Charlene and I, DPD -Dedicated Prine Day. We will have a great Canadian Breakfast; go to the venue and hopefully deliver some Tim Hortons donuts and my Unturtle Bars for the road crew/John/Jason/David. I hope to meet David Jacques this time. Last time, remember August 5th, 2005 well, David opted to the beer parlor, I missed him. I was not willing to walk up the street, alone - it was 1:00 a.m.

And, good lord - it crossed my weary mind today - what if I am walking down the street like Lucky Larue and because I am closer to the ground then most, I spot those 'boots'.

I will have the digital, I will take a photo of the John Prine footwear of the day. Then, I'll leap at him and we'll hug and handshake X2.

I must try to remain focused on the trip - the bus trip, meeting Charlene - touring Vancouver and the finale - John Prine.

Oh by the way, I am not excited, not one lil bit!

2 comments:

  1. LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE!!
    You're excited BIG time! I'm surprised you can actually sit still long enough to blog these days! We're all excited for you 'Miss October' - you're going to have so much fun - bet you'll sleep for a month once you get back on the mountain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, my lil butt got to close to the fire the noisemaker made today. I did the leap, like I will do for our Johhny, good lord.

    Geez, Miss October - I feel like I should be a playboy centerfold - to this I am not.

    However, Miss October - from SE, yep, I am grabbing it.

    Here I am Mr. Prine - I am Miss October!

    ReplyDelete

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...