Friday, October 9, 2009

I Am Near The Raving Point

Good grief, I am near the point of raving - the other day I received a letter from my bank institution stating if I did not visit my account, it would be closed and the funds moved to the Provincial Government.

My blood pressure, at that moment near elevated to the noisemakers. I went to the credit union, I got everything cleared up. Yes, my bank accounts are in the millions, I have several but still struggle to get off the mountain side to see John Prine in Vancouver.

When I returned home, I thought to myself - this is not right. There are elderly folk out there with no damn chance to even get to a bank, a financial institution. There are children out there will pop bottle money, paper route money - saving up to buy whatever.

At that point, I contacted my provincial representative - the letter from the bank states clearly - Provincial Legislation. From there a reply is given and this fellow tells me - it is federal - not provincial. Lord help me. Hello - have we got wires mixed up. I then contacted the federal party, the government of the day and addressed my concerns. They give me a BC contact number for Enqiry BC which is far more than anything I received from the office of elected person. The young lady is pleasant, as I am. She truly understands my concerns and has taken my message. I relayed to her - young miss - it is thanksgiving weekend - go home and spend time with your family/friends and give thanks. Address my issue on Tuesday. Do not do it Wednesday because I have a prior engagement with John Prine! Happy Thanksgiving. I did not give her the opportunity to say 'John Who'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...