Friday, September 18, 2009

Let The Fun Begin!

My noisemaker has left me for a week to spend time with his sons/grandsons on a (as my stepson calls it) tri-generational camping trip. Geez, I have a stack of cds to play and I have been playing since about 4:30 a.m. this morning. I feel like I am in Paradise. Currently, I am listening to Standard Songs For Average People - John Prine/Mac Wiseman. My Mom would have love it; one of her favorite songs was Old Rugged Cross. I can see her and my Dad dancing to Old Dogs, Children and Watermelon Wine. {or as John Prine says, Wah-der-melon Wine}.

I have a the t-shirt that goes with the cd, Standard Songs For Average People - it is the best fitting Prine shirt I have. Most of them are rather large for my small frame, but no matter, I wear them anyway. I wade in them.

It is always so quiet in these four walls when the noisemaker is not here, he does make a lot of noise. My fine neighbor will be around to check on me everyday at 10:00 a.m. That is my fine neighbor, Chris. Further down the road from where we live, I have a reliable neighbor to which I can call on for any problems that should arise or just to talk, that is nice, and I am thankful for that.

...I'll cling to the old rugged cross and exchange it someday for a crown...
From the cd - Standard Songs For Average People ~ John Prine and Mac Wiseman

Photo courtesy of http://www.jpshrine.org/
Reeda Buresh

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...