Sunday, August 16, 2009

Elvis Presley

Born - January 8th, 1935
Died - August 16th, 1977

Isn't it funny how you can remember exactly what you were doing when some folks depart from our world. I was working at a pulp mill as a secretary located in northern British Columbia. It was just after lunch and always after lunch I would sit with the boss man and we would go through his mail. Suddenly, there was much noise, commotion - a streak of red came running down the corridor. My boss, Gary (not my Noisemaker) looked at me, I rose up and went hallway bound only to find my other boss man, Al standing there...he says to me 'what the hell was that'? I replied, I did not know, but I would go find out. I located the red streak - she was a secretary in the Engineering department - Frankie was her name. She had flaming red hair and no bottom teeth - she was a site to behold. She was in near panic, blabbling telling me Elvis, the King; Elvis the King he died. She was near tears.

I liked Elvis Presely, he sure was a good looking fellow. Born in Tupelo, Mississippi - I once knew a fellow who lived in Mississippi, maybe he still does. Yes, I would have to say the fellows I know from Mississippi yep, they are good looking gentlemen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...