Thursday, August 20, 2009

2010 - Vancouver

As most of you know, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada will be hosting the 2010 Winter Olympics. Thank god, John Prine is coming in 2009.

I am not really in favor of British Columbia hosting the Olympics as I know, the taxpayer is going to pay dearly for it. Hell, my grandkids will be paying for it. Many homeless folks have now been displaced to make room for condo activity. I am afraid to say that in 2010 a dumpster bucket rented out in some drug store parking lot will cost you $500.00 for an unforgetable five hour sleep.

As a city, well, - Vancouver does have it all. It is a beautiful, international city. Recently, they sported up a new transit line - The Canada Line. It will take you from YVR (Vancouver International Airport) to downtown Vancouver in 25 minutes. Charlene will be taking that when we go to see John Prine.

Vancouver also has a special postal code - East Vancouver - the poorest region in Canada. I have been there and I saw things my eyes never want to see again. The drugs, the homeless, the many line ups to food kitchens - the needles and the damage done.

It is near 102 degrees F here today, I have boiled over and cooled down several times, I thought in posting about the 2010 Olympics, I would get the same rise and fall in temperature, I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...