Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Saga Of The Toilet


I never know what is going to happen to me on any given day; each day brings a new adventure of some sort. Today it is the issue of the toilet. We need to purchase a new toilet - not that our toilet does not work, it works just fine. However, it is missing its' toilet tank lid. Noisemaker lifted up the toilet seat and kabooooom the toilet tank lid broke. Naturally, it near droved me over the edge looking at a toilet which does not have a toilet tank lid. I fashioned up a new lid, the best I could using an old blue carpet, looks like a lid is there and covered with a toilet tank lid cover.

I went to research purchasing a toilet. For the love of god - there is low flush, high flush, dual flush. There is different heights. Yes, I want to sit on a toilet and dangle my legs. There are toilets that you push a button on the lid to flush. There are toilets with the lever to flush on the side, on the front. Hell, there are even toilets that give you a gentle spray. Have mercy!

Generally when purchasing any item - take for instance a John Prine t-shirt. You pick it up, eye it and buy it. What do you do for a toilet - go to the plumbing shop/hardware store and sit on one? I hope when we go to purchase a new toilet, I do not spot one of those high level toilets, I am afraid if I try to sit on it, yep, I could well fall off my perch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...