Sunday, July 5, 2009

Ouch, I Fell Off My Perch

As with any other morning, I awoke early today and went outside to sit, have my coffee, watch the wildlife. I always put on my hi tops (rubber boots - protect my feet from all the bugs). After I finished my coffee and cigarette I went to walk down the steps, there are only five. My rubber boot heal got caught on the previous step and I went off my perch. Okay, that is fine - I regained and took one step, hit a rock and tumbled again. I cursed. I came back up the steps, into the house, made another cup of coffee and went outside. I sat there thinking what shall I do today and decided - ah - the poplar trees, I shall take a few down. Gathering up the equipment I need, I went on my merry way.

I picked a fine group of poplars, all that I thought would agree with me. They were not on the side of cooperating with me and my bow saw. I decided well, I'll hang on to them and break them. Mistake, that lil bit of an endeavor cause me to sway and I got flung from the tree and landed in the dirt on my back. I cursed again.

I took my tools back to the shed, placed them where I know I will find them again - sat down to calm myself. Then Noisemaker awakes. He comes out to see what the lil wife is doing, I said to him - oh my, I have fallen off my perch, several times and the morning is still young. I explained to him my dealings of the morning and commented perhaps I should vacuum today. His reply was could you wait until I have had my coffee...you seem to be on a dangerous roll of events today.

I heeded the call, rested, and then tackled the vacuum cleaner. Noisemaker went outside to continue on the logging. All went very well. I had not one incident with the vacuum cleaner. Then - my fine neighbor, Chris showed his face - he is in fine form. Good lord, it is not even 11 a.m. First of all he does not take off his shoes which made my blood pressure elevate because I had just flung that sucking the dirt thing all over the carpet. He needs to use the telephone - I permitted him. After his conversation on the telephone, I said - it is best you leave now because otherwise I will have to get my flingers out and toss one on your head.

He heeded. I went and had a cigarette - thought to myself, I must check my calendar. I did, it is 102 more days until I see John Prine. Suddenly the aurora of Prine flew around me, yep I could feel it. Then, there was Paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...