Thursday, June 18, 2009

One Wicked Storm

Yesterday afternoon, our lil bit of paradise was rocked by one heck of a storm. This is not our home, it is the home of our neighbor, not my fine neighbor, Chris but the neighbor up the road from him.

As the storm was passing through we heard trees falling and did go outside to check, as best we could. We saw no trees down - here.

This morning as I walked up the road to see the damage done, I found this. Yikersville. The home owners were in the house when the trees hit, 5 trees in total. Both vehicles are damaged beyond, the garage is totalled, the home is relatively stable. Luckily, no one was hurt; only nerves damaged. The home owner, I spoke with this morning and he said, it sounded like a big (many curse words) explosion. He was still very rattled.

In smaller communities, you help out your neighbors as best you can. He is bringing me his grocery list tomorrow.

Lydia, she did quite well through the storm, she was still standing - soaking wet but standing. The Prine suncatcher had whipped around her wood arm and if she was human the blood would not have been circulating. She is a good girl, a good scarecrowprinette!

Oh yes, and my dear cow friends are back. When I walked this morning, I noticed a big herd. I told them - heathens just stay where you are - you need not bother to come to visit me....do you get that ~ do you understand - geez, all I got back in return was a MoOOOO, mmooooOOO.

And, I still call this paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...