Friday, May 22, 2009

The Flinger

This is a flinger - a piece of 2 x 4 used to fling at anything pestering you.

For example when those heathen cows come to visit and trample all over the yard I use the flinger on them.

I also threat my fine neighbor, Chris with a flinger when he gets out of control. My noisemaker, he on a regular basis, gets informed about 'it could be flinger time'.

I could well ramble into a song - It's flinger tossin' time (to the tune of It's finger poppin' time).

Speaking of songs, I have two rolling upstairs today. Somebody's Knockin' (I cannot remember the lady who sang that song - Terry something - I must check). I combine Somebody's Knockin' with Ain't Hurtin' Nobody by John Prine and I have a entire new song. So typical of me.

The picture is taken in the woodshed where I have my stash of flingers. See in the picture how nice the wood is stacked. I stack well. The two toned wood is due to pine beetle which has devastated our forests here in British Columbia. We are giving it to the USA as a nice little present.

1 comment:

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...