Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Easter Everybody!

Here comes Peter Cottontail - to you and yours Happy Easter.

Spring is upon us, all the birds have returned. The geese are guarding the pond, the eagles have not yet taken me, and the flickers speak to me.

I have been trying to incorporate other works of art to this blog - to no avail. I will be sticking with taking my own pictures. I had someone post to me why I don't have a separate blog for recipes. I replied - why would I want to do that - folks need to see my recipes - they need to know how to cook - how to bake....heellllloooo! One blog is plenty.

Noisemaker, well geez, his noise level has moved up several notches ~ lord have mercy on my lil bit of a soul. I think with having surgery, transfusions, and trying to recover, all have played with his mind. All will heal in time, I hope.

With all the noise - I have had a John Prine song stuck in my head for days now - Quit Hollerin' At Me from the cd 'Lost Dogs + Mixed Blessings'. Oh good grief, I went to open the booklet to get the words and a four leaf clover fell out - I hope that is an omen for the day ahead. Back to the song, my favorite verse:

I heard you the first time
I heard myself say
Seems like the little woman
Is getting bigger everyday
You don't have to tell the neighbors
A little silent ain't no sin
They already think my name is
Where in the hell you been
Louder, louder, louder, louder, louder
Constantly
Quit hollerin' at me
Quit hollerin' at me
Sweet serenity
Quit hollerin' at me
Quit hollerin' at me

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...