Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Foreign Objects and The Salad Dressing Bottle

Sometimes, I do wonder if it pays to eat. The other day I opened a can of corn to have as a side dish for supper. I lifted up the lid to find two foreign objects, oh lord. I hesitated, looked at the noisemaker and then we decided to remove them, heat it up and eat it. We lived. I kept the can the corn came in, the foreign objects, and telephoned their Quality Control people the next day. The lady was pleasant and asked me what did these foreign objects look like...well, I replied, one is to be of the nature of a stalk, a big piece of stalk. She noted and replied 'the other'. I stumbled around for words and then said, do you know what comes out of your nose....(the poor lass near choked) and she replied 'snot'. I said, that is what it looks like - do you think it could be? She took all the information and was giving it to the Quality Control group. So folks, watch your canned products.

The second incident we had (oh too funny)...noisemaker was making a salad for lunch today. He had everything nicely prepared and went to pour on some salad dressing. Suddenly, I hear this great string of curse words coming from the kitchen. I go to investigate - there is salad dressing everywhere. The inner lid flipped out; there was about 3/4 of an inch of salad dressing in the bowl and the rest had flown all over the counter. What a California Tomato Salad Dressing Mess! It was all I could do not to laugh; but geez, as I sit here, I am giggling so hard my stomach hurts.

...just another day in Paradise...

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...