Saturday, March 21, 2009

Update On The Noisemaker

My noisemaker, Gary he is progressing everyday. Today he walked up the path and back, an important step to get outside and take in the country air. Yesterday, I knew he was getting better as I heard this string of curse words and thought - ah, yes - my noisemaker is in fine form, he has returned.

I am still having to do wood and I will have to continue as Gary cannot lift much. I load up the wood stack every morning. I bring in about 12, two at a time - it takes me forever, but I get it done. When it is fire time, I bring 2 pieces to the woodstove. Noisemaker hovers over me, making certain I am positioning the pieces correctly. Then, he steps into place with his papers and lighter - poof - there is fire!

He enjoys to do that and it makes him feel like he is making a contribution to our little home. Trust me, he is making a major contribution to our home!

At the end of the month, Gary will have to return to the hospital for a check up/recall. I don't know how we will get there as he cannot drive; so I may have to pull out my broom and launch us into orbit. Beware!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds to me like the proper salutation is Mr. AND Mrs. Noisemaker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl... don't you have a wheelbarrow? At least you could do 4 or 5 at a time!! Glad to hear that the Unit of Spouse is recuperating nicely, so sorry you've had a rough couple of weeks! No more quiet nights, noisemakers are a good thing, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah, yes, the wheelbarrow - it is not the first time folks have asked me why I do not utilize a wheelbarrow. It is not feasible...here is how it works. I pick up two pieces of wood, I walk ten/twelve steps to the porch, I walk up five steps and load the two pieces in the rack. With my damn luck with the wheelbarrow I would load it up uneven and it would tumble over. That happened to me several times with the rocks. :)

    ReplyDelete

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...