Monday, January 12, 2009

Socks, Kisses, and John Prine

What a beautiful day it has been. We were actually able to drive today without any interference from our lunatic neighbor and it was very pleasant. We drove to the post office and I received three parcels.

I search for free coupons, etc., on the internet because I live on the side of a mountain and have much time on my hands. I found a wonderful site for ones that have just had a newborn baby. Heinz. Wow - they sent a beautiful backpack/12 tins of formula, a growth chart, a change pad, it was wonderful. Not that I am the new mother, but I am acquainted with a single Mom who works at the general store, she just had a newborn daughter, Peyton she named it. I gave all my free stuff to her. It was christmas for her!

There is no way I am driving and not opening parcels, I am opening en route! Oops, there I am not driving - I am opening parcels, flinging papers. The unit of spouse is driving.

Christmas for me, it was. I have a great John Prine friend who lives in Madison, Wisconsin. She sent me a very special Hatch Print of John Prine. She is such a good person. The parcel was that roll up kind so as you do not crease the print. In the roll up she places a pair of socks, in each sock she places Hersheys Kisses. No Hersheys Kisses I have seen before, Candy Cane and Mint Truffle.

And, in no way would anyone ever receive a parcel of Socks, Kisses, and John Prine!

1 comment:

  1. Now that is a good mail day! What a good friend you have.

    Congrats on getting the blog. I'm liking it!

    ReplyDelete

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...