Wednesday, February 22, 2017

OhBoy, oh boy!

It appears to me the record stores are soon going to be retailers gone like the dodo bird.  I have been trying to assist my brother in purchasing a cd, this cd.
For Better, Or Worse ~ John Prine

My brother, lives in northern British Columbia - not rural.  A city of near 100,000 folks.  A city which by the way-their one and only record store closed down.  

Dear brother calls me the other day and tells me that he needs to have the cd, For Better, Or Worse.  Okay - so in my slow way of technology, I finally learned to do burn and burn it for him.  Unfortunately, (oh giggle, giggle), I missed cut one, but eh, I got all the rest. . .

Brother tells me on the telephone that he has all the records, all everything John Prine and must now get this - can you help.  I replied well I believe you have to order on line.  He says, well don't they have a catalogue they could send for me, I will print my order and send it back to them via Canada Post and then we laughed!

He continues that he would like to have some new Dan Reeder.  You look that up for me okay, can you do that - we giggle again.  

After a lengthy Prine/OhBoy Records conversation it was decided I would send his daughter the information that is required for him to acquire the cd.  

Oh Boy Records - https://www.ohboy.com

I also sent - www.jpshrine.org

At the end of our conversation hugs and love are sent via the telephone line.

Odd how far a brother and sister can go just so one can hear John Prine.

For Better, Or Worse 


No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...