Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas Day Has Come And Gone. . .

Hope you and your families all had a very Merry Christmas.  A very Merry Christmas - no Happy Holidays here. 

My Noisemaker and I spent a quiet Christmas as we generally do.  A few days before Christmas we had friends come from the north and stay for overnight.  Oh my, my lips were flappin' until near 1:00 a.m. in the morning.  It was great fun, I so enjoyed myself.  I made homemade bread along with a huge batch of chili.  All my homemade baking for dessert!  Delightful, indeed.

For Christmas I cooked, what now seems to be, a very large turkey.  It was good, as were all the trimmings.  Now I will set on in to make homemade turkey soup and turkey stew.  Oh yummers.

As for Christmas, itself.  Well I am not truly a Christmas person - I have no religion.  Well, I do - the religion of me!  For Christmas, I have always enjoyed to bake and give baking treat trays to my neighbors.  I enjoy to purchase small gifts.  We do not spend a fortunate on presents. 

For years now, a tradition I have is to make a calendar with all the important dates on it (with stickers).  I love them stickers.  I always did this for my Mom and Dad.  Now that they are only with us in spirit, I have continued the tradition and make a calendar for my brother. 

This year I have found myself being in the mode of sad, the mode of hurt.  Generally, I am not one to feel sorry for myself and to this, I am not.  I am sadden by events that have taken place in the month of December.  It saddens me that Noisemaker forgot my birthday and (whooaaa, take a breath here) but he forgot Christmas too.  I busted my butt off baking, decorating the home, and doing a fine Christmas dinner.  To this, the thanks I received was not one present to open, nothing.  My feelings were so very damaged and marred by these events.

Christmas is Christmas.  It is a time to spend with family and friends. 

As for Noisemaker - well, trust me.  The mountain side is on edge, it could explode at any moment.  He knows he has done very wrong.  Forgiveness is not something that comes natural to me.  A person does know right from wrong.  If one gives treatment of a uncivilized nature - be certain it will come right back at you.  What goes around comes around.

Now I will plod on and understand that some folks out there are truly not human.  They are unkind.  They have never seen a rock shaped like a heart, a valentine ~ they no not of John Prine.

Yep, the saddle was in the rain - but - eh, it will dry up and life does/will go on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...