Friday, November 22, 2013

My Perch

It truly amazes the incidents I have in the wee hours of the morning.  About two weeks ago I went outside to sit on my perch as I generally do each morning around 4:30/5:00 a.m. to have my coffee and my cigarette.  After I finished the coffee and cigarette, I decided to walk the steps and go down to the landing.  What the hell was I thinking.  Try to see the picture - it is pitch black outside, you cannot see anything.  I have no flashlight - I generally do carry one, but on this morning I left it in the house - duh?  I walk the steps, all is well - I take one step off the bottom landing and boom, boom I fell flat on my butt!  I laid there and thought, (many curse words), I do not think I have broken anything - I am intact!  Yeah!  I erect myself and walk the steps into the house.  My noisemaker is still sleeping. . .

Upon his awakening, I told him he best be careful when he goes to feed his feather friends this morning because it is icy outside, I fell. 

About six hours later, I feel - as I sat down a terrible, big ouch on my right side.  I went and looked in the mirror - oh for the love of god, it looks as if I have been kicked by one of those free ranging cows that roam here in the summertime.  I am black and blue on my upper thigh and my butt.  Seems like I fell on the corner of the landing and the step.

Now we forward to two days ago.  I am on my perch, enjoying my coffee and my mind says do not, Bev, do not walk to the landing - sit on your perch.  I abide.  I finish my coffee and cigarette and am going back into the house.  I reach for the doorknob and hear the crashing sound coming from around the corner and low and be (curse word) hold this great black beast is there.  I yelped on out...then I realized it is the dog from up the road.  Scared me near to death, my heart was racing like I am sitting in the concerto of John Prine or Bruce Springsteen.  I launched myself indoors in deep panic, trying to calm my fright. 

I thought my Noisemaker was sleeping but in the darkness of the safe abode, I hear...Bev, - did you fall again...are you okay?  I laughed and replied, it is okay - I did not fall - I am intact.  It was the K-Bear from up the road making all that noise - go on back to sleep, I am going to read the 6 o'clock news.

Life on the mountain side ~ Morning on the Perch....and it goes on. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...