Saturday, April 20, 2013

ah...life on the mountain side...

Yesterday, I tried - in between periods of rain - to do some outdoor work.  Weeding, cutting down some dead wood, and singing to pass the time.

I saw a strange vehicle coming down the driveway.  I stood up in my great stature and waved to the folks.  There were four of them in the vehicle (I thought to myself...oh my god what am I getting myself into).

A lady step on out of the vehicle with bible in hand...good afternoon - how can I help you...

You are weeding, I see your hands are filled with dirt

Yes I am and I do have many weeds to tend to

The bible speaks of weeds

Really, well now ain't that a great thing - my plot of land has something to do with a plot of land across the ocean, far far from me.

Do you have faith

Oh yes, by all means I do

What is your faith - what do you believe in

Well, I believe in myself, it is the faith of myself - me

We have many teaching to which we would like to share with you (or something like that)

I too, have teachings I would like to share with you.  {by this time my Noisemaker thought I had completely shot up to the moon - I see him at the window, wondering}.  You ever heard of John Prine - he wrote a song The Missing Years?

No, I can't say I have hear of that.

Well, let me tell you - what do you want to be when you grow up - jesus said god...

Our teachings are different from that...

Yes, but let me finish here; I recently watched the television series The Bible and my word, there were miracles performed....I hope you do have a very nice Friday.  Thank you so much for stopping by.

The lady thanked me for my time.  We waved and I went into Prine - The Missing Years.


No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...