Thursday, February 7, 2013

Neil Young ~ Waging Heavy Peace

I have completed reading the bible of Neil - Waging Heavy Peace - Neil Young.  It was a very enjoyable read; at times I giggled and at times I was brought to tears. 

The writings are sometimes at bit scattered but that is Neil - he is a bit on the side of scattered.  Throughout the book it is evident the love Neil has for his wife Pegi, his children, his friends, and his dogs.  He writes many accolades for other musicians he has worked with; very kind words he writes about Linda Ronstadt. 

Each day when I would open the bible up to read, honestly it felt like I was sitting at the kitchen table and across from me is Neil.  Near the end of the book Neil writes about one of my favorite Neil songs - Will To Love.  I sing that song quite often when I walk to the creek to see the fish.  (Somehow, Will To Love gets strung in with Fish and Whistle by John Prine - followed by a giggle).  I could relate to the words Neil wrote about being in the forest, the animals - the peace.  

After I read the final page, I put on my coat and walked outside to peace.  I returned about a half hour later, placed the cover jacket on the bible, and said - come join me soon Neil - I liked you being at my kitchen table.    

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...