Friday, December 14, 2012

Prine, Bryan, & Traxler!

There is so much snow here; I am near beyond any level of sanity.  I have shovelled and shovelled - the snow just kept on coming like the hits of Motown in the 60's.
 
While, I am outside shovelling the white stuff, I sing.  You know, I think the birds actually enjoy my voice - they all gather up around me, flock together on the branches while I am singing.  We tweet, in the fashion of nature.
 
This morning, I sang The Missing Year - John Prine.  I told John we all have missing years.  I continue with the addition a Luke Bryan song - Drunk On You...
 
You will have to turn on your imagination to understand this, however, I am quite certain some will get it -
 
...and what do you want to be when you grow up
jesus, said god...oh my god what have I got myself into...
(John Prine)
 
...good god allmighty...
(Luke Bryan)
 
...major giggle, I sing, I dance and twirl with a snow shovel, giggle somemore...and then, stop - think to myself, I need my twirly apron!
(Beverlee Traxler)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...