Saturday, December 8, 2012

It's My Party - Luke Bryan

 
Thinking of you today, John.  I miss you.
 
Today I turn 57, imagine that ~ hard to believe.  I mean really I act like I'm on the edge of 12 - giggle, giggle.  Yes, 57 I am way, way past my bust size!
 
Now on to babble about Luke.  Holy Smucksville.  Luke Bryan that is.  Tailgates & Tanlines puts a big smile on my face; some lines just send me to a major giggle.  Country Girl (Shake It For Me) I first heard at my grandsons' graduation dance.  Well, I could not just sit there, I leaped up and danced with my grand-daughter, it was such fun.  Luke is cool, very cool - he gives Bruce a run for his money when it comes to hunk material. 
 
In turning 57 (it does not happen until 11:59 p.m.), I reflect how I got this far.  I don't think I would have got this far had it not been for the people and animals that surround me.  Some are gone now; but the memories do not fade, they are strong.
 
As strong as this Luke blasting in my ears.... 
girl you make my speakers go boom boom
dancin on the tailgate in the full moon
that kind of thing makes a man go mhmm, mhmm
you're looking so good in what's left of those blue jeans
drip of honey on the money maker gotta bee
the best buzz I'm ever gonna find
I'm a little drunk on you and high summertime
 
Drunk On You - Rodney Clawson/Chris Tompkins/Josh Kear
 
Now, let's get the party started; come on John, Bruce, Neil join me ;)
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...