Wednesday, December 19, 2012

John Prine ~ Nashville

Thank you for the photo - Richard.
 
What a nice way to start off the day a photo of John Prine and friends in Nashville (The Station Inn).  Looks like everyone was in a HO HO HO kind of mood. 
 
There has not been to much HO HO HO around here.  Good grief, we lost power on Monday for near 17 hours.  When we lose power all hell breaks loose here.  We do have a generator, thank god.  Noisemaker and I proceeded with the task of setting up the generator; we both have our jobs to do.  Noisemaker went to start it up and the reel cord busted in two.  I thought to myself; what next.  The temperature was below freezing so the food that we had we placed in boxes outside.  Around 4:30 a.m. the power was restored.  I was a much happier camper.  Until the snow started to fly. . .
 
There is so much snow here, we do not know where to fling it anymore.  I was so tired and spent from shovelling the white stuff yesterday, I just laid down in the driveway and rested.  A vehicle passing by stopped and yelled to me; are you okay?  I sat up and said tell god to turn the heat up and melt the white stuff!  We all laughed.  He proceeded down the road, I proceeded with shovelling. 
 
HO!  HO!  HO!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...