Friday, November 30, 2012

Derek Sanderson - Crossing The Line

Yesterday Noisemaker and I went to town.  Noisemaker had to go to the lumberyard and I started in with the grocery shopping.  I finished up with the shopping, no Noisemaker in sight.  I decided I would go and check out the book aisle.  As I glanced skyward, what book do I see, Derek Sanderson - Crossing The Line.  Oh my word. . .
 
I look to the right and I see this. . .
I got so excited.  There was no one in the aisle so I was chatting Bruce and oh Derek, be still my heart.
 
Finally, my Noisemaker arrives.  I tell him, you have to come and see these new books, it is very exciting.  Of course, he has no idea to whom I am making reference to.  He asked me, what - did John Prine write a book?  Oh no, I replied wait until you see.  We arrive at the book section, I reached for Derek and said...Look it is Derek Sanderson.  #16 Boston don't you remember Derek.  He does not remember, he did not follow hockey like I did, back in the day.
 
I believe Derek was post the original six.  I loved the original six, Detroit, Boston, Toronto, New York, Chicago and Montreal.
 
When we arrived at the checkout the clerk picked up the book and said, Derek Sanderson.  I responsed, I know, I could not believe it...remember all those fine hockey players...Guy Lafleur, Flying Phil, Yvan.  We chatted about the hockey days of the past, it was a good lip flappin' session.  I truly enjoy it just as I am sure I will the book.  Thanks, Derek

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...