Monday, November 26, 2012

Waging Heavy Peace - Neil Young

I am on Chapter 23 in the bible of Neil Young.  I call it the bible because when you removed the book jacket, the book resembles that of a bible found in any hotel room. 

Imagine for a moment if you found the bible Neil Young in your hotel room. 

The writings of Neil, I am finding like that of the scattering of bird seed; the chapters are scattered.  It is not formatted in the way one would think a book would be.  It is written by Neil Young and Neil does have a tendency to be somewhat scattered.  I found myself laughing with Neil and his writings; thinking with Neil and his writings; then saying to myself, Oh Neil...

Neil speaks highly of his love for his wife, Pegi, his children, his parents, most of all his friends.  The friends that carry Neil, I believe, to be where he is today - friends that are there or have past.  I found myself thinking Neil was born this little bit of a bud; all these folks have come around him through the years and they brought love and friendship. 

Neil, from an early age has experienced health issues.  As he writes; he wonders now if his 'golden' years will ring in the onset of dementia or whatever you want to call it.  I can relate. 

The bible of Neil mentioned Bruce Springsteen.  They are friends.  Friends that recently lost one of their best friends.  I was happy to read those words.  I thought, it is 'good' Neil and Bruce - you are different people, but you relate - like true friends would do.

Now you all must be thinking how I am going to get John Prine rolling in with Neil and Bruce - no problem, its 23 skidoo.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...