Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Flakes Will Be Falling Soon . . .

Winter is near upon us, today we had the last outdoor fire.  It is a ritual. 

The weather is certainly cooling and the forecast says could be some white stuff falling from the sky in the coming days.  I do not look forward to that.

However, the fall/winter months are such a good time for homemade soups and stews.  Tonight, I have a fine homemade stew simmering on the stove.  Made from all our homegrown vegetables.  The aroma is beautiful, I love it.  I probably should have made some homemade bread; but eh, that is stretching what I will do in the kitchen on one given day.

Before you know it, christmas baking will be on the agenda.  I have my list ready - Butter Tarts, Rocky Roads, Spice Cookies, Peanut Butter Balls, and Chocolate Chip Cookies.  Of course, added to that is the community baking for bingo and the Christmas Party - cakes and cupcakes!  All decorated up with cute little picks, christmas cupcake liners, and decorative sugars - I love that.

ah, yes - last but by no means least - it is lotto night - ya'll pray for me to win! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...