Monday, October 15, 2012

Chiclets

This is my favorite gum.  Each year, after Halloween I purchased two bags at the 50% off table.  Last me all year and I do love it, I love the candy coating.  
 
Today, when we were in town shopping I noticed at the dollar store, they had a big huge double bubble machine.  I laughed, said - Noisemaker, I need one of these.  Only problem, we did not have a twenty five cent piece, so we skip on out.  I will get one next time, it is a really big piece of bubble gum.  
 
As we are exiting the store, Noisemaker says to me - I guess you need the twenty five cent bubble gum for when you go out on the porch and do those 'things'?  What 'things' - what are you talking about?  Oh my word, Noisemaker does this little jerk dance (lasted about 10 seconds), and oh I laughed.  Noisemaker does not do things like that.  My take - he is getting on in years...gracefully - but really wants to learn how to dance.  Like I want to learn how to tap dance.
 
Our day progresses, we shop and get everything done.  As we were driving home we noticed Charly's place is for sale.  Charly is a very nice gentleman.  He is now retired and moving to a warmer climate (oh lucky, Charly).  I asked Charly, well - give me your new address..  and to this he does.
 
My word, I nearly peed on the spot - he gives me a piece of paper and it reads Carl.  His real name is Carl. 
 
I burst out laughing and said - when in doubt or what fits, just call them Carl ~
...she called everybody Carl...
 
Come Back To Us Barbara Lewis Hare Krishna Beauregard 
Common Sense - John Prine 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...