Monday, September 3, 2012

My Red Potatoes

At least I got some!
 
This year I decided to plant some red potatoes in the pot shown.  I really did not expect to receive a so called 'harvest'. 
 
This morning I looked out the window and saw the container was visited by some animal.  Could be too that Donald was prowling around looking for Lydia and knocked it over.  There is my container on the ground, the top of the potato plant broken.  I decided, well - I will see what I have in there - I laughed.  My red potatoes will make a fine stew along with the great harvest of carrots I received this year.  I have one more container of carrots to harvest.  My peppers and tomatoes are on the side of slow - we had no heat in June.  However, when I checked in on the weather forecast seems like we are going to have a beautiful fall with above average temperatures.  I hope so.  I am not looking forward to an early winter - heck, I do not look forward to a late winter - I do not look forward to winter period!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...