Sunday, September 2, 2012

How I Spent My Saturday Night. . .

I do not know if I have mentioned on here how much I detest having to make a fire.  Last night I thought I should make one otherwise it will be too cool in the early morning.  I went outside and hauled in some wood; began preparing for making a fire.  For the love of god, I had an inversion.  I ran and opened up all the windows, smoke is billowing from the woodstove - panic is setting in.  The smoke alarm goes off, panic mode is exploding.  I am thinking I should call my neighbor - he works with the fire department - I do, he is not home.  I can't shut that (many curse words) smoke alarm up.  I am overcome with panic and anxiety.  I run outside with the thought I will go and get my seasonal neighbor (he does not have a telephone).  It is dark outside, but I proceed thinking god, I hope there is no cougar around.  I see no lights on at my neighbors, I run back home.  The smoke has subsided, the alarm has shut up. 

I sit down, talk to myself.  You can do this, don't panic, you can do this.  I start to build the damn fire.  It goes smoothly, I feel better.  This is why I need Noisemaker around, it is his jurisdiction to build fire, etc. 

I awoke this morning; thought oh - it is cool - I will have to do the (again, many curse words) fire.  I trot to get the wood, bring it near to the stove.  I sat down by the stove...and I told it; look you *)$%i* stove you work with me this morning not against me...is there some part of that you don't understand?  I start to build the fire, I keep lip flappin' to it - it is listening...fire abounds!  I am going to idle it today; that way I do not have to rebuild. 

My Noisemaker does not arrive home until Tuesday well, maybe he will be home Monday.  You never know but my guess is he probably misses the old fire building woman ;)

The fire building woman misses the Noisemaker - not his noise, only his fire building capabilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...